Looking back might not be the best way to start a new year, but I adore doing the Instagram #topnine! It fascinates me to see which posts garnered the most likes through the year. It’s funny, there are times I feel like I put so much effort into staging a photo, but the ones that are in the moment, most often are the most popular. So here, without further ado, is my Instagram Top Nine of 2018!!
(Starting from top left, going across…)
1. This one is pretty recent. I was struggling for an image for the #IGwritersNov challenge prompt GOAL, so I needed to get creative. I’m a little skittish about sharing my goals in public. Fear is part of it – fear that I won’t meet the goal or that I’ll let myself down. The past year was rough for my writing, it’s like my muse went MIA. No inspiration, no matter how hard I chased it, combined with some personal issues that made finding the time to write next to impossible. I’ve been slowly reconnecting with what made me love writing in the first place. Right now, I’d say my writing and I are keeping it casual. It’s been fun. Stay tuned.
2. Bookstagrammers are awesome. That is all. My first book, The Promise of Amazing holds a special place in my heart. Maybe because it’s my debut? And that cover…which I had nothing to do with!! I also really love Wren and Gray’s chemistry.
3. This was from #IGwritersNov too – a special Throwback Thursday photo. This is from June 2015, the Southeast Summer Book Bash tour with Lynn Matson, Jaye Robin Brown, Lindsay Cummings and Paula Stokes. Photo taken at the now defunct Booksellers at Laurelwood. I adored touring with these ladies – we had a blast meeting readers and also just hanging out with each other. We went out for BBQ at the One and Only in Memphis after this signing. Banana Pudding. Yum.
4. I still can’t believe that my macarons actually look like macarons! And I had no idea the edges were called “feet”.
5. Another #IGwritersNov post (okay, I see a theme…challenges = exposure!) The prompt: Books from my favorite Genre. Which is…Contemporary with a strong dose of ROMANCE!! (kissing is essential, there, I said it!)
6. This might be my favorite photo of one of my books…ever. The Season of You & Me, hanging out in a soda shop in Davidson, NC. Taken by @moriah.chavis You should check out her Instagram feed for more lovely bookish photos!
7. Ah, the violet lemonade from the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival! I love going to Epcot any time of the year, but it’s so colorful during the spring. If you ever get the chance, you should go!
8. Taken at my local library for #NationalLibraryWeek! Libraries rock!
9. A rare selfie for the #IGwritersNov challeng. I don’t have Starbucks every day, but when I do, I need to take a picture.
Here’s to a fantastic and photogenic 2019!!!